Powered By Blogger

Sunday 18 December 2011

Christmas Tip: Spare a thought for those on their own.

As we look forward to Christmas and say Goodbye to this year, never to be seen again,we welcome another New Year. The hope that this New year will bring new challenges.  We will become another year older and perhaps more wiser.
This year for me has personally been full of challenges. Some good, some bad. With the present economic climate the way it is, business for me has been slow. However, I did move house.  I have had numerous health scares and still continue to struggle with Diabetes.  My children lost their father. We welcomed two new additions to our family little Maisey, the Jack Russell and future daughter in law Chloe.   I made some new friends.  It has been a mixed bag.  I am excited about the new year. I don't make resolutions as they invariably fail ! I try to stick to attainable goals, the usual new year diet :)
This year has been tough for most people.  My hope for them and myself is that the new year brings healthier, and peaceful times. (and lose a few more pounds)
Christmas time is stressful for some and my advice would be, not to allow situations to get the better of you. Remember my previous blog about not 'having to have the last word to win the battle?'
Be kind to one another and don't let the alcohol ruin the festive season . Laugh and enjoy the time you spend with family and friends.  We're here only once so don't waste your time bickering over nonsense. Make good memories that will last. None of us know how long we are here for, so make the memories good ones.
Spare a thought for those who have no family. Suicide rates are at their highest during this time of the year.  Be a good neighbour / friend, invite them in, or turn up with some mince pies.  You will be amazed  what this gesture means to them. Remember, 'Action speaks louder than words'.  It is so easy to get caught up in the pomp and hype of Christmas and to forget what it is really all about.  If you have Faith you will understand. If you don't, look  no further than the Nativity.  To have faith is to have hope, if you have no faith and no hope, what is left?
Sparing a thought for others who have no one at Christmas is not about being a 'Do Gooder,'  it's about feeling good about yourself that you have taken the time and trouble to make an effort with someone else other than family and friends. In other words people you are already familiar with. So often people do not even know who their neighbours are. Use this time to acquaint yourself I think they will be shocked and you will be surprised !!
On that note I would like to wish all my fellow bloggers, family and friends the best Christmas, and a very Peaceful New Year. The same to all my loved ones far and away.
If you need to contact me, I shall be around to read your comments or questions. Contact me via CRR, FB  or email.
Until next time ....

No comments:

Post a Comment